Friday, February 10, 2017

Playing Jenga with My Collection

I was surprised a week or two ago by a PWE that I wasn't expecting.  But I knew the return address, and was excited to see the name of a certain Roster Jenga blog proprietor.

It was not a big envelope, but as usual, Tony knew how to pack a punch.


First, we have some cards that might have been hard to let go of.  A couple of vintage Cubbies from 1958 became the oldest cards I own.   A nice cereal oddball, a Herrera with a great sliding shot, and the first Hee-Seop Choi in my collection are the highlights for me.


And we'll end with the cards I'm sure he couldn't wait to get rid of.  I already have 2011 Packers team card, featuring the Lombardi trophy and Rodgers's championship belt, but it will never get old.  This is the first time I've ever seen the 1993 Collector's Edge set with its purple border.  I can't decide if I like it or hate it.  I mean, it is kind of different and cool, but what team color, besides the Vikings, does it not clash with?  I don't think I would like the effect of the purple haze if this set were completed and displayed in a binder.

Thanks for the unexpected goodies, Tony.  As always, I'm glad to take those unwanted Packers off your hands.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards - I thought you might get a kick out of those vintage pieces! Also, always happy to dump some Packers on you :P

    ReplyDelete