Monday, May 22, 2017

Topps Redeemed?

Back in 2015, I pulled a sweet redemption card out of a box of Topps Museum.


A Russell Wilson/Marshawn Lynch dual-autograph?  Sweet!  I did a little research on this card and found that it was numbered to 10.  I went online and redeemed this code in February 2015.  And then I waited.

I waited for about 20 months.  When Marshawn Lynch retired, I didn't think he would be be signing much for card companies at that point. I decided to cut bait and ask for a replacement in October 2016.

And then I waited some more.  I'd heard that Topps was fairly quick about replacing redemptions, but I waited about 6 more months before I received my replacement.  Last month, in April 2017 (2 years, 2 months after my original redemption), I received my replacement.

Along with the replacement, Topps sent me one of their "Sorry It Took So Long" letters and a second card to make up for the wait.  The extra was.......




Lee has 115 receptions for 1465 yards and 5 TDs in his three-year career.  Last year was definitely his best, when he recorded 63 catches for over 800 yards.  I'm hoping that his career is hitting an upward trajectory this former 2nd round pick. 

But the star of the show--the main event--was this beauty....



A Red Refractor Rookie Auograph of stud running back David Johnson.  This is numbered to 5, and Johnson is one of the hottest players in the NFL right now.

I'm pretty satisfied with the value of the replacement, despite the long wait.  I wasn't sure how Topps would match the value, but I think they did.

What do you think?  Did this sufficiently replace the Wilson/Lynch auto #'d to 10?  Did I come out ahead or get the short end of the stick.  Let me know in the comments below.  I'd like to hear your opinions.


2 comments:

  1. I know nothing about football card values other than WVU guys. Judging from eBay sales a Lynch/Wilson auto is probably going to net around $175 bucks give or take $25. If Johnson continues to get better your card will probably be worth that too since that is such a high end rookie auto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Seahawks fan I am totally biased so all I can say is that I would have waited and waited until that card was fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete