Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A New Trading Partner, Thanks to Johnny's BFG

A few weeks ago, I was the recipient of a Highland Mint Robin Yount in Johnny's Trading Spot's Big Fun Game.  Not too long after the contest ended, blogger and Brewers fan Matt Prigge contacted me about swapping our prizes: his Highland Mint Brooks Robinson for my Yount.  Since I collect Robinson and not Yount, it seemed like a win-win to me.  I got the Robinson this past week, along with some other goodies.  It's been kind of a long time coming, but I'm finally posting my BFG contest winnings.

First, the extras that John sent with the Yount.


 Some beautiful Topps Heritage Chrome Cubbies.  I had the base for both of these cards, but the Chrome versions are spectacular.  The Rizzo is numbered to 999.

I also received the Yount, which was parlayed into these cards from Matt:


Some new Pucketts for my PC.  I've seen the 93 Topps with the gigantic bat before, but I had never owned it until now.


A couple of Angels in the outfield.  At first, I couldn't figure out if the 1993 Topps was Salmon's rookie card or not, and why it didn't look familiar.  I soon discovered that it is actually a 2013 Archives short print, so that's pretty cool.  I really like the look of those two Trout inserts, too.


Some great Cubs also arrived in Matt's package.  I thought I had that Bryant already, but I was mistaken.  I appreciate Matt filling in that hole for me.

And finally, the crown jewel of this post, my Big Fun Prize from John, via Matt:


A certified Highland Mint Brooks Robinson. 


Here it is in all its glory.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  I love the detail in it.

Thanks for the contest, John, and thanks for a solid win-win trade, Matt!

2 comments:

  1. I just completed a trade with Matt myself and he's a good dude. That's a pretty solid haul you got. I really dig the Chrome Rizzo and the 86 Puckett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great additions. That Robinson is slick

    ReplyDelete