Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Annual Obligatory Basketball Break: 2014-15 Totally Certified


I don't collect very much basketball.  About once a year, I rip a box just for kicks, but it doesn't excite me too much.  Living where I do, I feel like I have to have some basketball, though.  Utah is a basketball state, and I could always use something to draw people to my table at the card show.  On my last Dave and Adam's purchase, I found a box of Totally Certified for about $30, and I thought with a hit per pack, it was worth a go.  Plus, I don't have a Jabari Parker rookie yet, and Andrew Wiggins would be a good draw.  All in all, I have to say that this box didn't disappoint and I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.

First, the base cards.



Not too shabby.  I do wonder what the swirly design in the background is; it sort of reminds me of the the mid-90s Fleer Metal cards. All of these except for the Durant are available for trade, if anybody wants them.


There is a parallel in each pack, and this is where I pulled my first Parker.  Platinum red parallel numbered to 279.  The Tayshaun Prince is also numbered to 279, Gary Harris to 135, and the DeAndre Jordan is a shorter print, to 49.  The 3 parallels aside from Jabari are available.


I pulled one insert, and it was a great one.  Great American Heroes John Stockton.  I don't PC the guy, but I know a lot of people around me who do.  And even if I can't find it a home near me, Stockton is definitely not someone I mind having around.


And the hits.

The first was a purple die-cut jersey of David Lee, numbered to 99.


Then came two Clear Cut Cloth relics of Vince Carter and Rajon Rondo.  Both are numbered to 299.  Carter is one of my few basketball PCs, so I'm happy here.


The auto is an oldie of George Karl in his playing days.  I can't say that I know much about his time before coaching, so this card surprised me a little.  This one is another shorter print with a print run of 49.

All of the hits minus Vince Carter are available.

I like what I got out of this box.  None of the hits were scrubs or no-namers.  I pulled a PC guy, a Stockton insert, and a Jabari Parker, which is what I was kind of hoping for anyway.  I'll take it any day.  Everything except for Durant, Parker, Stockton, and Carter is available for trade.

I ordered 2 other boxes from Dave and Adam's, and I'll post those up as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment