Saturday, March 12, 2016

Welcome to the World


This is a quick post celebrating a birthday.  A few weeks ago, one of  my favorite bloggers, Nick from Baseball Dime Box bid us adieu on his birthday with a card of man who shares his birthday.  Today I'm celebrating the birth of my first daughter, who joined us on Thursday, with a card of one of the all-time greats, who also happened to be born on March 10.  I don't know anything about Mr. Woodson's birth, but our little girl is wonderfully healthy and cute as can be.

My three sons all sparked a new PC for me.  It seemed more apropos for some inexplicable reason to collect baseball players rather than football players in this case, but I started collecting guys that I normally wouldn't: Andruw Jones, Curt Wilkerson, and Doyle Alexander.  Those guys all share a birthday with my boys.  March 10 didn't really have any baseball players who seemed interesting to collect--sorry, but Dayan Viciedo and John Cangelosi don't do anything for me--but how could I not feature Rod Woodson when I found out he shared a birthday with my daughter?

I don't know about starting a new PC of Woodson for her, though.  I love me some Rod Woodson, but for some reason it doesn't seem fit to recognize that tiny girl with by amassing cardboard pictures of guys with helmets and masks knocking each other around.  I'll have to find another way.

No comments:

Post a Comment