Friday, September 23, 2016

1997 Pinnacle Zenith pt. 6

We're in the home stretch of some great late 90s time travel.

Pack 21

Here is a solid group of players.  McNair, Muhammad, and Pickens were some of the best players their respective teams had to offer in the 1990s.  In McNair's case, ever, probably.  Warren Moon and Steve McNair remain the two best Houston Oiler/Tennesse Titan quarterbacks in franchise history, in my book.  Even better than McNair's packmate, Chris Chandler.  Wait, why am I pulling two Oiler quarterbacks in one pack, anyway?

Pack 22

 Deion, Bruce and Ricky Watters.  Look how dirty that uniform is!  I love that picture, and it is one of my favorite cards I've seen in this set.

Pack 23

Dan Marino, Terrell Davis, and a faux Marvin Harrison rookie highlight this pack.  Don't worry Marvin!  Peyton Manning will soon be there to get you the ball!

Pack 24

We'll wrap this up with two all-time great Smiths, Emmitt and Bruce.  Plus a solid Junior Seau and a great action shot of Anthony Johnson.  Not a bad way to end the box.

For those of you who weren't keeping score, that box brought in 144 total cards.  I pulled 5 inserts, as opposed to the expected 3 according to the odds.  I completed 139/150 (93%) of the base set, with no extras.

If anyone has any trade, I still need numbers 3, 50, 77, 78, 101, 105, 107, 110, 115, 143, 145, 150.  Not one of these cards is available for trade on Zistle, so unless a reader can help me out, I may end up buying the rest of these singles.  I always find trading to be so much more gratifying, though.  Let me know if you've got anything available.

No comments:

Post a Comment