Tuesday, January 9, 2018

I Made a Trade with LV Through TCDB, BTW

It's always interesting to me to come across fellow bloggers on other sites.  While I don't post every trade that I make, I always post what I get from bloggers because I know my thanks won't fall on deaf ears.  In today's case, I was contacted by TCDB user stevienicks77, who turned out to be none other than Laurie D of LV's TTM Autograph blog.  We worked out a trade in December, so I'm a little late in posting, especially because she already posted on her end. Stevie, erm, LV, erm, Laurie was able to help me with a few set needs.


The majority of my end of the trade came from 2016 Archives.  I'm getting so close to finishing that set I can taste it.  Here is a sampling of the 1953 design from the set.  I'm always glad to add a Satchel Paige card to my collection.  I don't think he receives half the recognition he deserves for his amazing career.


Representing the 1979 design, we have some legends, current stars, a promising rookie, and a late ace.


1991 was my favorite design redux of the set, and these cards are the best.  It would be tough to find a better group of players than these six.  The Nolan Ryan card is phenomenal.  I also like the Goldschmidt because his cards usually feature him with a bat in his hands, but the 3-time Gold Glover is no slouch in the field, either.


Finally, I received one card each from two other sets I'm trying to complete.  I didn't even register that the "When I Was a Kid..." subset of 2013 Triple Play was an SP until had a hard time tracking them down for a price I was willing to pay for such cheap cards.  I'm completing the set just because I can, but I have to say that the SPs are better than the rest of the base set.

So there's my trade with a blogger through the outside venue, TCDB.  Thanks for the cards!  I appreciate the set help.

1 comment:

  1. You're completely right about Satch, doesn't get nearly enough respect.

    ReplyDelete