Monday, May 25, 2020

Banking on a Good Card: A Cardpocalypse Challenge, Day 1

Over on the newly revived blog Cardpocalypse, Tim recently laid down the gauntlet for a blogging challenge. I looked over the topics he suggested and thought,

Who doesn't love Barney Stinson?
Day 1 was an easy challenge and it gave me the chance to post about a card that has been in my queue of posts for a while anyway. About two months ago, Tom of The Angels, in Order held a contest to celebrate his 10th anniversary of blogging. I won, and Tom sent me hands down my favorite card of this quarantine. One of my favorites ever, in fact.


A 1956 Ernie Banks. Let's just go over what this card has going for it.
  • It becomes the oldest card in my collection, by two years. It's the first card I own that is older than both of my parents.
  • Ernie Banks is an absolute baseball legend. 
  • I just happen to be a Cubs fan, so there is probably no more desirable name for me to add a vintage card to my collection.
  • Let's just mention how great the inset picture is, too, of Banks being congratulated as he crosses the plate.
I don't think I can possibly thank Tom enough for putting this card into my hands. It's my favorite new acquisition of this quarantine, without a doubt.


6 comments:

  1. I have a couple of vintage Banks but not this one. It shows off well too! Nice card from a great fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Keep the Barney memes coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, great acquisition, and very fitting for day 1 of this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! 1956 Topps rules and so does Mr. Banks. I'm gonna join this challenge eventually. Maybe as soon as Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning such an awesome card! Just getting caught up, thanks for accepting the challenge in a way that is truly legen-wait for it-dary!

    ReplyDelete