Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Card Madness 2016, Intro


It's Madness Time!

And it seems like everybody has to do some kind of bracket.

And I'm going to do one here, of course.

Since this is a football card blog, my tournament is NFL themed.  I've created a bracket using last year's results (and this year's draft order) to seed the teams.  The top half of the bracket is AFC; the bottom half is NFC.  Each round has a randomly selected card in my collection from the teams in the matchup.  I put the cards head-to-head based on 5 categories:
  • 5 points for the player
  • 4 points for the card's design
  • 4 points for the quality of the photograph
  • 3 points for the card back
  • 3 points for the card's condition
There may also be a bonus point awarded for something I like that doesn't fit into any of those categories.  In the event of a tie, I will break the tie based on the overall feel and my liking of the card.  Yes, this is highly subjective and completely arbitrary.  Sorry about that.  I've been teaching my 8th graders about allusions recently.  Anyway, a new card will be used for each round, so I can showcase as many great random cards as I can.  In the end, one team be will left standing.  Who ya got?

I'm going to try to keep pace with the actual NCAA Tourney, but with a new baby in the equation, I can't make any huge promises.  Suffice it to say I have every intention of completing this tournament in a timely manner.

Here is the bracket.  The 1st Round cards have been chosen at random.  The madness will begin shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment