Thursday, May 24, 2018

Shopping for a Trade

2012 Cooperstown High Praise Set Build
I recently completed a trade on Trading Card Database in a unique way: I had to go shopping on Sportlots for my wantlist.  TCDB member dboninjr sent me a private message on TCDB asking if I was interested in a trade. Hey, I'm always willing to look at the trade offers that come my way. 

1992 Pinnacle Team 2000 Set Build

In a departure from your typical trade on the site, however, I couldn't just peruse his tradelist to see what he had to offer.  He doesn't keep a tradelist on TCDB.  Instead, he sent me a link to his Sportlots store and said that anything for sale was for trade.

Jordy Nelson PC--We'll miss you!

In a way, it was a harder way to select cards.  But I also kind of enjoyed it.  It was a nice feeling to pick out a stack of cards and feel like I had house money, knowing I wasn't going to spend a dime more than shipping my own cards to receive them.

BYU Players
It was a big trade, with over 150 cards involved in total.
I was able to cross off some set needs.  It's ridiculous how far I am from the Wrigley Field set from 2016.  I guess since I bought literally zero packs of Flagship that year, I didn't get much of a jump on the inserts.

I got some fun player/NFL team/college team cards, like this J-Swag Daddy, who fits all of those criteria.  I hope he makes some great strides this year and keeps flashing his skills like he did as a rookie last year.

Speaking of rookies, I picked up some nice cards for my Rookie of the Year binder.

Here are some older and newer cards of All-Star MVPs, including some early 80s O-Pee-Chee.

It was an unconventional trade, but dbonin's Sportlots store was fun to peruse.  There were plenty of other cards that I placed in my cart, but I had to cut for the final trade.  I only had so many cards for him.  The cards I did receive fit many parts of my collection and spanned 35 years.  It was a good, fairly big trade.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I have done trades before where I will have the other person snag a card for me in exchange but never shopped from them lol

    ReplyDelete