Saturday, December 21, 2019

'Tis the Season

Nachos Grande sent out some Season of Giving cards this month. I'm never one to turn down free cards, and I show these off with great gratitude to Chris.

He sent me a stack of Cubs and mentioned in his note that he hoped that I needed some of them. I did indeed, such as this Topps Attax of Wrigley Field. I never bought Attax, so I had no idea that there were stadium cards in there.

It sure looks like Cubs players enjoy signing for fans.

D-Lee makes another appearance, this time as an Ultra Diamond Producers from 2006.


Statistics would say it's likely that if you send me cards from the late 90s to mid-2000s, I probably won't have them. All of these fill spots. I don't have nearly enough Rod Beck in my collection, as TCDB tells me these are cards #2 and #3 for me. Gary Gaetti is my very first card of 1999 Pacific.

There are even junk wax era Cubs that I don't have.

Who can resist the shiny rainbows of a refractor?

Thanks for the Season of Giving, Chris!

To share a little bit of the spirit of the season, I'd like to introduce you to a some beautiful Christmas music. This is an organization called Millennial Choirs and Orchestra. They have branches in LA, Phoenix, Dallas, Boise, and Provo, Utah. My wife and kids are a part of it, and I can say firsthand that they are mind-blowingly good. Most of the music they perform is original compositions and arrangements done by the founding directors.  They have performed in some of the finest concert halls throughout the United States; their most recent tour took them to Carnegie Hall this past summer. Some of you may recall the blackout in Manhattan. You may also recall the impromptu concert that made headlines when the performers were forced out of Carnegie and decided to sing in the street instead. That was them. Their most recent album hit #1 on Billboard's Classical Music chart the week it was released in October.

It seems that I remember that some blogger out there is a member of a choir, but I don't remember who. I hope that person (and all of you) can appreciate this music. It may be kind of long for a single song, but give it a listen.

And Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous Rod Beck card. He was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Topps Attax card of Wrigley and of course the Topps Big card of Durham. And that song was beautiful. I added them to my Spotify playlist. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete