Tuesday, February 2, 2021

2020 Trade Map and 2021's First Trade

 

 
I kept track of all my trades again this year, both with fellow bloggers and through TCDB. Here is a snapshot of where my cards were coming and going. I wonder how accurate this would be to use as an indication of which communities have more card collectors. There is definitely more of a cluster in the East with an empty Midwest and a scattering of traders in the West. Three new states were added this year that weren't on my map for 2019: North Dakota, Indiana, and my home state of Utah. Massachusetts and New Hampshire dropped off the map after I had completed trades with those two states in 2019, but not in 2020. Overall, I can see at a glance that I did less trading in 2020 than in 2019, but I could have told you that before I saw the map. There was just too much going on last year.

I've already completed three trades in 2021, all small PWE trades on TCDB. Here is the result of my first two trades of 2021.

The honor of being my first trading partner of the year goes to TCDB member hittinaway. He sent me a nice 1980 McCovey for my ASG MVP collection and a Legendary Cuts Luis Aparicio for my ROY collection, along with set help for my Xponential 2 set.



He also sent me some Cubbies, including my first Tony Campana, who was only with the Cubs for a short time right before I started back into collecting.

This Bronson Kaufusi was a bonus he threw in. I thought I had it, but it turns out it didn't. I had two autographs of the card without the base.

My second completed trade of 2021 was a small four-card swap with 49ants. The first card here is former BYU pitcher Ryan Jensen, serial-numbered to 131. 

I don't know how much trading will happen this year. I feel like my trade boxes are dwindling a little and I can't find/afford new cards to break to replenish them. I don't know how many trade matches I'll be able to generate, but I'm always open to trading. If you don't see a pin on your city, let's fix that in 2021!

3 comments:

  1. The Jensen is neat, I don't think I've seen those parallels before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That map makes me feel awfully lonely here in TN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to find something to send ya at some point then!

    ReplyDelete