Thursday, March 4, 2021

Mail Day Post from Some Bloggers

 I've recently just received some PWEs from fellow bloggers that I need to acknowledge.

First up is a handful of Cubs from 2020 Flagship. This comes from P-Town Tom. Tom recently wrote a post asking his fellow bloggers not to send him anymore because he didn't have the necessary means to keep returning the favor. This is an example of Tom's problem. In December, I sent him a Vogelbach parallel I pulled from my Big League box break. I didn't expect anything in return; I just thought he could use that one card more than I could. Well, he did return, and more than I sent him. I promise not to send him any more Cubs, but Vogelmonsters will be his. But, Tom, I don't expect anything in return. You collect him; I don't. I wouldn't mind if this were the last PWE I ever got from you.

Tom wasn't the only one to send me some 2020 Cubs. I claimed a coupe of free cards from Kerry at Cards on Cards, and he sent those cards and then some. I didn't ask for any of these cards, but they were all new to me.

These were the cards I had claimed from Kerry. Ronde Barber was needed for my All Decade collection and Watkins will go in my refractor Frankenset. But that Davante Adams card in the middle is an absolute beaut. The green Prizm is perfect for a Packer. I didn't get enough 2020 cards to do any kind of ranking, but I'm pretty sure this is my card of the year as far as 2020 releases go. 

I also claimed a card that Jay at Card Hemorrhage was giving away--this shiny Tony Perez. He mentioned that he would like to turn his giveaway into a trade, so we did. I sent him some Giants and he found some cards for my collection.

 


 It was a nice return to get from him. I found it interesting that all three of these bloggers sent me some 2020 Flagship Cubs, but there wasn't a single repeat in the group. The players that were repeated (Josh Phegley and Kyle Ryan) both had the base and a parallel. Nice how that worked out.

Thank you to all the bloggers out there. This community makes the hobby much richer for me. And a special thanks to Tom, Kerry, and Jay for making this post possible.


3 comments:

  1. That Adams Prizm sure was something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll always take your Vogelbachs... actually, I don't want to discriminate... I'll take everyone's Vogelbachs!
    As far as the Cubs I sent you go, well, they were all duplicates. So, I actually had something on hand to send back for a change!
    Thanks again for the Vogelmonster parallel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get something out to you again at some point.

    ReplyDelete