Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Does It Get Any Crazier?

It's well-documented on this blog that I'm a Cubs fan.  I'm not an impartial observer, so when I say that last year's World Series was one of the best ever, you can take that with a grain of salt.  But last year we saw lead changes, both in games and in the series, and an epic extra innings Game 7.  Of course, the outcome was the best I could ever hope for, so it was extra sweet and exciting.

This year was something else, though.  Sure there were lead changes galore.  The series went the distance again.  But this one felt weird, not necessarily great.  The late game lead changes felt like wild and crazy, one-off occurrences.  Then they happened again.  But the craziest thing happened tonight.  Lance McCullers's stat line was a microcosm of the strangeness of this World Series.  Lance McCullers HIT more batters than he struck out, but still left the game with a 5-run lead, and wasn't awarded the win.  That's insane.

I was pulling a little for the Dodgers, but I'm still okay with a Houston win.  As of the writing of this post, the MVP award has yet to be awarded, but my money is on George Springer.  A few years ago, I thought I would be collecting Springer as a Rookie of the Year, but he didn't make quite the splash I expected.  I still think he's one heck of an exciting player.  I'll show a couple of my favorite Springer cards as I give my congratulations to the Houston Astros and their fans.


Custom mini, big series for George Springer. He certainly took his opportunity to shine.  Enjoy it, Houston!  No city needs something like this more.

No comments:

Post a Comment