Thursday, October 10, 2019

Wallet Card at Alcatraz


I've never had a wallet card before, but then again, I never really go anywhere. This week I've been with a team from work at a conference in San Francisco. We spent day 1 playing tourist, including a trip to Alcatraz. It was an invigorating trip, but after 3 days away from family, it is nice to be home.

Something I learned about Alcatraz was that it was a fort during the Civil War. After the war, it was a military prison before it was transferred over to the Department of Prisons. I did not know the military origins. The more you know...

3 comments:

  1. I've lived in the Bay Area for almost 50 years... and have only gone to Alcatraz once. I probably should go back again. It was a pretty cool place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can add me to the list of folks who didn't know of it's military history!

    ReplyDelete