Saturday, November 21, 2020

Give Thanks Day 2

 This will be another post without cards. Just gratitude today.


I took this picture the other day. My gratitude swells here at the sight of my three kids in this picture raking our 87-year-old widow neighbor's yard. What makes me grateful here is the willingness they had to go perform an act of service. I asked the two older boys to put down the Nintendo Switch and go rake her yard. They did it immediately, and my 4-year-old girl begged to go help, too. I'm not bragging about my parenting here; they came out naturally good. If I had asked them to stop the video games to do a chore for me, they would have fought me. It's not that I've trained them well. I'm grateful that these kids are so inclined to help others. I don't know why I got them, but I'm so grateful I did.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post! Gotta love it when kids do good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love to see when kids are so willing to help

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I love hearing and reading stories like these. Your kids are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love knowing a new generation is expressing kindness for those in need. Heart-warming! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've got the kids that everyone else wishes they had :)

    ReplyDelete