Friday, January 6, 2023

Incoming Goodies from Bloggers

I'm working on a 2022 summary post or two, but first, I must give some recognition to a few fellow bloggers for the incoming cards I've received from them. Trading on TCDB is great, but it still doesn't beat a good swap between bloggers. Though I've met exactly zero of you in blogosphere, I feel like I know you through your words over the years and the trades seem more personal.
 
First up, Tom from Angels in Order took a novel approach to initiating trades between bloggers by posting a bunch of cards for trade, giving readers a chance to claim cards they want, and requesting a return package. I chose these six for my collection. My favorite is the red parallel of former BYU hurler Jeremy Guthrie.

After seeing former BYU linebacker Kurt Gouveia on one of my posts, GCA asked which Gouvieas I lacked. As a Commanders (formerly Redskins) collector, he had a couple to send my way. It's not really visible in this picture, but the top left Gouveia is one of the cool Special Effects parallels from 1994 Topps. I've always liked those. Then he sent along a few other cards that meet the requirements for my NFL 100th Anniversary All-Time Team. Thanks a ton, Greg!


Finally, Kerry--of Cards on Cards--and I worked out a trade over TCDB. The top scan features a nice mix of collection needs. The bottom scan is a quartet of set needs. The highlight of this trade is the acquisition of 2022 Opening Day Joey Bart--AKA, the last card needed for the set. Thanks Kerry (Madding) for the set kill!

Speaking of completed sets, my next post will likely summarize all of the sets I was able to knock off the ol' wantlist in 2022. Opening Day was just one of them.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with your opening paragraph more! And the Special Effects parallels were really neat. If it was Topps' goal to one up their usual Gold's, I think that they succeeded in doing so.

    ReplyDelete