Thursday, September 5, 2019

Fantasy Football Team 2019



NFL football is back tonight!  I can think of no better way to kickoff the season than watching my Packers take on division rivals, the Bears.  With real football always comes fantasy football, and I'm actually in four leagues this year.  I'm in a league at work, one on TCDB, and two Yahoo public leagues that I joined because I wanted to try out auction drafts for the first time.  I only count one as my league of record, however, and that is my work league, of which I am commissioner.  So while I have many fantasy players this year, I present to you the Myopic Chihuahuas of the Wolverine Pride Fantasy Football League.  This league standard, no PPR, by the way.

QB-Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City

2018 Panini Prestige #22 Patrick Mahomes II Front
I've never taken a QB as early as I did Mahomes this year, but there he was near the top of my board in the 3rd round.  I know my colleagues in this league and they love to start runs on quarterback in Rounds 4-6.  I knew that if I waited, I'd be stuck without a QB that I wanted this year, so I took the plunge.  Here's hoping to another dominant season by Mahomes.

RB1-Joe Mixon, Cincinnati
2018 Donruss Elite #73 Joe Mixon Front

Mixon worked out well for me last year.  I'm worried about his offensive line this year, but I feel like I could have done worse with a second rounder.

RB2-Chris Carson, Seattle
2018 Donruss #263 Chris Carson Front
I think I ended up with Carson in every league this year.  I never targeted him, but he always seemed to be the right value at the right time.  He has less competition in the backfield this year, so unless Rashaad Penny drastically changes everybody's minds, Carson could be a bellcow back in Seattle.

WR1-DeAndre Hopkins, Houston

2015 Topps Platinum #14 DeAndre Hopkins Front
With the 5th pick in the draft, I went with the first receiver.  With a new offensive tackle to help out Deshaun Watson and Kenny Stills as a new running mate, Nuk may get even more opportunities this year than in the past.

WR2-Brandin Cooks, Los Angeles Rams
2014 Topps #354 Brandin Cooks Front
Sorry, I don't have any Rams cards of Cooks
Sean McVay hopes Cooks continues to be a deep ball home run threat.  So do I.

WR3-Christian Kirk, Arizona
2018 Donruss #313 Christian Kirk Front
Kirk was less than impressive in the preseason, which has me a bit worried.  But I'm thinking that Klif Kingsbury's offensive will put up some big passing yards and Kirk has the potential to be the guy that rookie Kyler Murray looks for.

TE-O.J. Howard, Tampa Bay
2017 Donruss Elite #176 O.J. Howard Front
I've had O.J. Howard on a few teams in the past.  He's a pretty good producer, but I kind of need him to have that breakout year everybody keeps talking about.

FLEX-Mark Ingram, Baltimore
2015 Panini Clear Vision #50 Mark Ingram Front
No Ravens card yet
I ended with Mark Ingram on a couple of teams this year.  I like how he ran as a second option in New Orleans.  The Ravens say they'll go with the hot hand in the backfield, but Ingram is a proven commodity and I feel pretty confident he will often be that hand.

K-Wil Lutz, New Orleans
Image from TCDB. I have no Lutz cards and this is the only card with an image in the database.
I mean, here is my kicker to start the season.  Lutz is good, so I may keep him around for awhile, but one kicker is like another in fantasy football.

DEF-Philadelphia
2012 Panini Rookies & Stars #174 Fletcher Cox Front
I picked the Eagles because I liked their early season matchups.  By Week 5, I will probably be streaming a different defense weekly, though.  But I like my chances with a defense that has Fletcher Cox up front.

Bench:
Duke Johnson, RB,Houston
Tevin Coleman, RB, San Francisco
Devin Singletary, RB, Buffalo
Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Green Bay
Deebo Samuel, San Francisco

I like my guys.  Coleman may be replaced shortly after Sunday; we'll have to see how he performs.  I feel like I've got a good mix of established and proven players and some potential sleepers waiting in the wings.

Now let's play some football!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing this post makes me regret not accepting my buddy's invitation a few weeks ago. Best of luck this season! Love the Mahomes pick!

    ReplyDelete