Monday, May 31, 2021

Overdue TCDB Roundup, (Part 2)

I still have more TCDB trades that I haven't posted yet, so how about another round? This time around, we've got some football.

 
We'll start with some older cards that don't really have a place in my collection, but I was trying to fill up a trade and all of these players were pretty good and I wanted to add them.
 
 

We'll keep it in the 80s with this trio of All-Decade performers for my collection. I think it's pretty cool that the Rams team card has both Jack and Jim Youngblood, but the reason it goes in my collection is Nolan Cromwell.

Two more 80s cards brings me another Nolan Cromwell. The Washington card is needed for Dave Butz, #65. Butz was an All-1980s DT, but he only has 36 cards linked to his ID on TCDB. So even though he's fairly anonymous on this card, I'll take it for my attempt to fill a page of each All-Decade player.

We'll keep the All-Decade train rolling from the 80s (Minnefield) to the 90s (Wisniewski) to the 00s (Mawae and Ogden) to the 10s (Wagner).


 And one more for the 2000s All-Decade Team, La'Roi Glover. I don't remember him with the Rams.


Yes, I traded for some Packers. As always, I'm happy to add some Jordy Nelson base cards that I didn't have before.


All of these cards go into my collection of one card for every base set that has been released. I didn't have any representation of these sets in that binder. Eagle-eyed readers may have noticed that Emmitt Smith and Jay Barker doubled up on 1997 Pacific Philadelphia from two different trades. Whoops. At least Barker can go in the Through the Years binder, while Emmitt will feel at home with the rest of my Emmitt Smith cards.

 

Finally, a trade that is just a hodgepodge of different cards I wanted: White, Griffin, and Howard for the Heisman; Winslow, Easley, and Atwater for the All-Decades; Joe Greene just because he's Joe Greene. And another missing Jordy.

The credit goes to the same group of traders who were mentioned in my last post. I have one more TCDB roundup to post before I'm caught up.

3 comments:

  1. If you send me your address, I'll send you a legit Dave Butz card.

    morganyud at protonmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Joe Greene and Dan Hampton are tops for me.

    ReplyDelete