Tuesday, August 31, 2021

A Wax Pack Wonder of a PWE

A couple of weeks ago, Jeff of Wax Pack Wonders contacted me to verify my address. He wanted to send me some cards, and he sent me some good ones. Included in his PWE was a note telling me that he had been going through bloggers' wantlists and clearing out some of his trade boxes. I'm happy to be one of his recipients.


Jeff focused his efforts on adding to my All-Star Game MVP collection. He almost single-handedly doubled my Don Sutton cards. I didn't have any Sutton Brewer cards prior to this, but I definitely do now.


I also didn't have any Bobby Bonds as a Ranger or Angel, so these were definitely new to me, too.


And who doesn't love Ken Griffey, Jr.? I like the photos on all three of these cards: a pair of warm-ups and a smooth slide. They may be junk wax, but they are junk wax I didn't have of a all-time great!

Thanks a ton, Jeff! All of these cards are welcome additions to my collection. If you aren't familiar with his blog, go check it out. Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. That 1992 Topps is a great looking card. Topps really took care of Griffey and his fans with some fantastic photographs the first five years of his career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff sure has been making the rounds! There doesn't seem to be anybody he hasn't hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much Sutton! Bobby Bonds was really underrated, at least in my view as someone who was a year old when he retired.

    ReplyDelete