Thursday, January 17, 2019

Let's Have a Super Bowl Group Break!

I didn't really set any hobby goals this year, but I do know that I don't want to spend much money on retail this year.  I have a few projects in which the end is near, and I'd rather put my money toward known quantities than gambling on what might be in the pack.  That said, I thought it would be nice to do one more big break before I mostly shut it down for the year.  So I ordered some football boxes and decided to host a group break.

I know most bloggers out there are baseball collectors, so many of you will tune out now, but we're going to do a football break this time as the season winds to an end. 

What will we break?  

We're going to break 3 boxes: 1 hobby box of 2018 Panini Elite and 2 boxes of 2017 Donruss Optic jumbo packs.



Box configuration: 

2018 Panini Elite

  • 20 packs, 5 cards per pack
  • 2 Autos
  • 1 Memorabilia
  • 3 Rookies
  • 6 Parallels 
  • Rookies in the set include Saquon Barkley, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson Sam Darnold, Josh Allen

2017 Donruss Optic Jumbo

  • 12 packs, 12 cards per pack
  • 4 Lime Parallels
  • Rookies in the set include Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Mitchell Trubisky, Christian McCaffrey, JuJu Smith-Shuster, James Conner

 

How much is it?

Each slot will cost $17, and that includes shipping.

 

What does a slot get me?

 Each slot gets you a choice of your team (first come, first served).  You will also receive another randomized team.  Three boxes, two teams.

I also have some single packs to break as a bonus, and I'm running a little side bonus for the first eight people to sign up.  As of right now, there are eight possible Super Bowl outcomes.  I've assigned each one a number, and the first eight people who sign up will receive a random number to coincide with the outcomes.  If the the first eight slots fill up before this weekend, I will randomize then.  If not, I won't randomize the numbers until right before the breaks.  I'm fully aware that by that time, only two outcomes will be possible.  I'm just trying to get as many people into the randomization as possible.  The lucky winner will receive an extra hit from my collection of the team he/she selected.

Here is the table of the outcomes and the numbers.

 

How do I claim a team?

I'm reserving the Packers for me. There will be 15 other slots, and the 16 remaining teams will be randomized among those who have joined the break.

To claim a slot, comment on this post with the team you want.  I'll update the list as slots fill.  Payment will be taken through Paypal.  To pay, click on the button below.  Be sure to include your team in the comment box.


Team Claimed



Payment will be due within a week of claiming a team.  If I don't get payment, I'll have to open the slot back up for somebody else.

 

When will we break?

I want to break this sometime during Super Bowl weekend.  I will let you know more details as the break fills.

 

Other Rules:

  • ALL CARDS will ship.
  • Any card featuring multiple teams will be randomized off to one of the people holding a team on the card. 
  • Randomization of second team will happen on the day of the break or as soon as all slots fill, whichever comes first.

So, for a little less than a blaster, you will get two teams from three boxes--one hobby, two jumbo packs.  You will also get anything from the single packs.  The first eight to claim a spot will receive a spot in a randomization to a Super Bowl outcome.  The lucky winner there will get one extra hit--of the team they claimed--from my collection.

I'm doing this to have a little fun in the cardboard community.  So let's have some fun!

 Slots

1. Packers-Trevor P (tntcardsstg)
2. Browns-Angus

3 comments:

  1. In a big surprise, I'll claim the Browns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would consider joining the break..but we collect the same team ;/

    Hope you're able to sell all the slots. Good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take the Kansas City Chiefs.

    ReplyDelete