I haven't posted one of these since the Super Bowl, when I shared the top nine players from NFC Champion (and eventual Super Bowl Champ) Tampa Bay. Now that football season is back in full swing, it's time to finish off this series that has been years in the writing. We'll keep it in Florida and travel south to Miami. It feels like it has been a while since the Dolphins have been good. Indeed, the majority of their Franchise 9 comes from the 70s and 80s, when they were consistent title contenders.
1. Bob Griese, QB (1990 Score)
2. Dan Marino, QB (1995 Collector's Choice Players Club)
3. Larry Csonka, RB (1974 Wonder Bread All-Star Series)
4. Jim Langer, C (1978 Topps)
5. Larry Little, G (1980 Topps)
6. Dwight Stephenson, C (1986 Topps)
7. Jason Taylor, DE (2007 Topps Chrome)
8. Zach Thomas, LB (2006 Topps Chrome)
9. Jake Scott, S (2005 Topps Chrome)
Some notes on this series:
- This includes Super Bowl Era players only.
- The "nine" in Franchise 9 is to fill a page in a binder. There is no intent to fill a roster or even a starting lineup.
- A player can represent multiple teams.
- I tried to find a balance between steady producers with longevity and explosive players with shorter careers. Time with the team does count for something, as does impact with the team.
- For a link to Franchise 9 lists that I have already posted, click here.
- This is all subjective, so I'd love to hear whom you would choose!